Micromax Canvas Xpress 2 to go on sale tomorrow on FlipkartAugust 10, 2015
Intex launched Cloud Pace in India with a Price Tag of Rs.6,999August 12, 2015
Xiaomi has launched its first “Made in India” smartphone Redmi 2 priced at Rs. 6,999. The smartphone on Monday was announced by Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu and has been manufactured by the company’s first phone plant in Visakhapatnam.
Lets have a look at the specifications of Xiaomi Redmi 2 :
- The Redmi 2 Prime is an upgraded variant of the Redmi 2 available in India at Rs. 5,999.
- The major difference between the Redmi 2 Prime and Redmi 2 is that the former features 2GB of RAM and 16GB of inbuilt storage while the latter packs 1GB of RAM and 8GB of storage.
- Redmi 2 Prime are identical to the Redmi 2.
- The dual-SIM dual-standby Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime features a 4.7-inch IPS Sharp display with HD (720×1280 pixels) resolution and 312ppi pixel density.
- The Android 4.4 KitKat-based smartphone comes layered with company’s own MIUI 6.
- The handset supports 4G dual-SIM functionality,
- Both SIM card slots support 4G networks.
- The smartphone supports LTE bands in India.
- The Redmi 2 Prime runs on a 64-bit 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor (MSM8916) coupled with Adreno 306 GPU.
- It sports an 8-megapixel rear camera along with a 2-megapixel front-facing camera.
- It supports expandable storage via microSD card (up to 32GB).
- The Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime is backed by a 2200mAh battery.
The new Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime is now available to buy via the company’s online store, Mi.com alongside other company’s online retail partners including Amazon, Flipkart, and Snapdeal.